Sunday 20 May 2012

En route Cannes

 I write this post from the unlikeliest location. The ChatrapatiShivaji International airport's free WiFi and my Ipad have joined hands in warm namastey. I am on my way to Cannes. People who know me will vouch for the fact that I am a curious type. A glo-cal, gypsy, butterfly, excited at the mere thought of any out station travel, even to Lonavla. So needless to say, I am looking forward to France. But because I have two hours to kill, and a caffeinated brain, I choose to dissect my excitement.     When I finished the shoot of GOW, all the assistants received postcards from me. Silly nostalgic little reminisces of the past three months (give and take a few weeks).  Yes,  there is excitement about going to one of the biggest film festivals in the world. Yes, it is as much about the fashion as it is the films. Yes, I feel incredibly lucky about getting this opportunity in my very first film as lead.  But I have to confess, I am more curious about knowing what Ghaywan or Bala will wear than meeting Eva Longoria. Or any other such celebrity who is famous enough for the name to become a stereotype. In short, butterflies do somersaults in my stomach when I think of reuniting with the team, or well, at least some of it. The team is so crucial in any film. Sure everybody is a professional, but the  level  of comfort created by a set of good assistants on a film ensures that the comfort translates onto the actor's faces. The performances become natural, wings are not clipped and one feels emboldened enough to improvise. Again, this flows from the core. The  captain of the ship is the one that instils these values. (Anurag Kashyap  in this case).  Well, the best actors don't give two hoots about anything other than the role, but I have a long way to go. The 'social-economic context' affects me on a set. Not an ideal situation, but a human one nonetheless.  After the film wrapped I hosted a tiny luncheon in my house for the over-worked AD team., desperately trying to create more time to reminisce about. So, while I feel fabulously ready, (despite my one and a half functioning legs and the recent wheel-chaired past), my excitement multiplies manifold at the thought of meeting some of the people that contributed to my growth as an actor and a professional ! The screening of our creation....beside the Croisette couldn't hurt either!  Team, here I come, to stand among you in our moment of glory. PS- Siddharth Aryan I shall do you proud. Nishant Bangar we HAVE taken this to the next level.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dream is to flyy.. ova the rainboww.. so higghh..:))
    Bonne Chance.... Bon Voyage..!! Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Best...Enjoy the Journey and the Destination

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go girl..... uou truly deserve to be there,all the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did good Richa... I believe in u and I believe in me...

    ReplyDelete

An unpopular opinion...

यहाँ इक खिलौना है इन्सां की हस्ती ये बस्ती है मुर्दा - परस्तों की बस्ती यहाँ पर तो जीवन से है मौत सस्ती ये ...